Windows Live Writer Tech Preview now available
Official announcement: Windows Live Writer Technical Preview
And for developers: Windows Live Writer Technical Preview SDK
We’re calling this a Technical Preview release because the primary reason for it is to gather feedback on some enhancements to the SDK we’ve made. (The Tech Preview is available in English only, but don’t worry, the other languages will be back later in the release cycle.)
That said, there are a bunch of nice features and significant bug fixes thrown in. You can read about the new features on the official blog post, and as far as bug fixes, here are just a few of my favorites:
- WYSIWYG editor no longer munges <object>, <embed>, or (most) <script> elements
- WYSIWYG editor now uses literals instead of escape sequences for most characters (apparently this was causing a lot of pain for some European language bloggers)
- Dragging and dropping one image thumbnail on top of another image thumbnail no longer causes them to show the same image when clicked
- More reliable configuration for Blogger users
And here’s one lowlight:
- Switching between Normal and Web Layout mode got more confusing for existing users. Both modes are represented by the Edit tab; you can toggle between them using View | Edit Using Theme.
Please try it out and let us know what you think, preferably at our new Beta forum. Thanks!
Filed under: Plugins, Windows Live Writer | 8 Comments